Our strong and vibrant MPI Chapter relies upon continued service from our volunteers to allow us to deliver high-level results to our members. The Nominating Committee is seeking candidates for self-nominations for officers and directors to serve on the MPI GEC 2018-2019 Board of Directors. Among the many benefits include:
- Hands-on opportunity to impact the Chapter’s future
- Sharing your unique skills and industry experience while learning from key industry leaders
- Increasing your business potential by increasing exposure to prospective clients and vendors
- Opportunity to gain experience in managing volunteers, budgets, and projects
- Meeting and networking with other chapter leaders throughout the world
The following positions are currently available for 2018-2019:
- (4) Vice Presidents: One-year term.
- VP of Education
- VP Communication
- VP Finance
- VP Membership
- (6) Directors: One-year term:
- Director of Finance
- Director of Strategic Partnerships
- Director of Membership Services
- Director of Recruitment
- Director of Retention
- Director of Monthly Education Events
- Director of Special Events (Christmas party, GMID,EMA’s)
- Director of PR for Chapter
- Director of Social Media
- Director of Website Management
Criteria Considered by Nominating Committee:
- Willingness to gain leadership and management experience;
- In-person meetings for VP roles
- Other considerations that indicate that a candidate is uniquely qualified to serve on the Board of Directors
Qualifications and Eligibility for Self Nominating:
- Be a member in good standing of MPI
- Be willing to fulfill the obligations of office, in the capacity indicated
- Be willing to be involved and dependable to MPI and/or the chapter
- Be willing to contribute time, energy and creativity to the chapter with consent of your employer
- Attend two Leadership Retreats per year (Annual Leadership Retreat, May, 2018 and Mid-Year Leadership Retreat, est. January 2019) and nine Board of Directors Meetings (allowed to miss one board meeting during year)
- Attend all chapter events
- At no time may two members of the same organization serve concurrently, except where approved by 2/3 majority vote of the BOD
- Student members do not qualify unless appointed by the President and approved by 2/3-majority vote of the BOD.
NOTE: The current Board of Directors (2018-2019) will ratify the Directors in late February before the final slate is submitted to MPI Global.
Select Officers are asked to attend the MPI Chapter Business Summit at the World Education Congress, (WEC), in Indianapolis June 2 - 5, 2018.
Timeline for Nominations process:
January 8, 2018 - Call for Nominations
January 12, 2018 - Nominations closed
January 19, 2018 - Applicant reference checks and interviews performed
January 22, 2018 - Slate of Officers sent to general membership for approval
February 28, 2018 - Final Slate including all Board of Directors sent to MPI Global
June 2018 - Slate sworn in during installation at EMA’s
July 1, 2018 - Official Term Begins
Click the button below for the application!
Application deadline is Friday, January 12, 2018.
Congratulations on embarking on a new venture in your personal and professional career and thank you for your continued commitment and support of MPI GEC!