MPI Greater Edmonton Chapter’s strong and vibrant Board of Directors were elected to develop and execute plans to meet and exceed the needs of our members. These needs range from Ability to Network, Industry Education, Employment Opportunities, Resources, Volunteer Opportunities and so on. Please reach out to us directly at anytime to answer questions or help in any way, even about our interests, hobbies or skills. We are here to serve YOU.
Please see below for our 2016-2017 Board of Directors. The 2017-2018 Board will be posted in April.
I rejoined the MPI Edmonton BOD as an opportunity to be involved in the professional organization for my career of hospitality, events and sales. I’m delighted to serve as President and serve alongside my very talented and engaged board members, whose only wish is to meet the needs of our membership. We are in a transition and development phase of our Board. We are staying true to serving the members and 2016-2017 will be a fantastic year for the Greater Edmonton Chapter.
- I am a connector of people and take great pleasure in watching business relationships develop organically.
- I am a huge fan and supported of Edmonton, particularly downtown. I love to share hidden gems.
- I am a AFLCA certified group exercise trainer and love to teach Spin, HITT and boot camps.
I joined MPI fall of 2015 with the intent of getting reacquainted with my peers in this industry as I had been working in another market for a few years and thought this would be a great way to let my peers know I was back. As VP of Membership I often get asked what I get out of the association and I always reply, you get out of our organization what you put into it…never sit with the same people at the monthly events, volunteer on committees and ultimately volunteer for a board position. My employer often asks what’s in it for him and I show him the list of contacts/relationships I have made as a result of this commitment…it’s a win-win for the both of us.
- 25+ Years in the Hospitality Industry
- Animal Lover (dream job is to run a dog rescue)
- Movie goer – extraordinaire (see movies minimum once a week)
I have an unbridled passion for the events industry and my membership with MPI over the past 8 years has fueled this fire. Part of my commitment in joining the BOD for a second term is to help foster relationships amongst the members, both planners & supplier.
- I am a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- I am a mother of 4, ages 7, 9, 11, 13
- I am Award Nominee for Alberta Women Entrepreneurs & a big supporter of women in business
- I love technology & gadgets, currently obsessed with anything Apple – and my Fitbit!
- I am a foreign film critic
I joined MPI for networking and exposure, but mainly to be part of the bigger picture in our industry. I find it exciting to be connected to our Industry Professionals worldwide, and feel the sense of MPI Community. I love the fact that anyone is welcomed with open arms at each and every MPI Event!
- Coach of my son’s baseball team
- Love to attend concerts and live events
- Love quality time with my girlfriends
I joined MPI to get involved within the amazing network of colleagues that the meeting industry in Edmonton has to offer. I’ve stayed and decided to become part of the board because of all the amazing support I’ve received from the people I’ve met and because of the wonderful resources and educational opportunities MPI has to offer. The Edmonton group of MPI members feels like a little community that you can rely on whenever you need help, or just someone to lend an ear.
- Love to Ski
- Event Planning
- Outdoor Enthusiast
- Learning a new hobby of Canning
- Doing 4 Obstacle Races in Summer ’16
- Bilingual in French
VP of Communication