MPI Greater Edmonton Chapter’s strong and vibrant Board of Directors were elected to develop and execute plans to meet and exceed the needs of our members. These needs range from Ability to Network, Industry Education, Employment Opportunities, Resources, Volunteer Opportunities and so on. Please reach out to us directly at anytime to answer questions or help in any way, even about our interests, hobbies or skills. We are here to serve YOU.
Please see below for our 2017-2018 Board of Directors.
I have an unbridled passion for the events industry and my membership with MPI over the past 8 years has fueled this fire. Part of my commitment in joining the BOD for a second term is to help foster relationships amongst the members, both planners & supplier.
- I am a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- I am a mother of 4, ages 7, 9, 11, 13
- I am Award Nominee for Alberta Women Entrepreneurs & a big supporter of women in business
- I love technology & gadgets, currently obsessed with anything Apple – and my Fitbit!
- I am a foreign film critic
I rejoined the MPI Edmonton BOD as an opportunity to be involved in the professional organization for my career of hospitality, events and sales. I’m delighted to serve as President and serve alongside my very talented and engaged board members, whose only wish is to meet the needs of our membership. We are in a transition and development phase of our Board. We are staying true to serving the members and 2016-2017 will be a fantastic year for the Greater Edmonton Chapter.
- I am a connector of people and take great pleasure in watching business relationships develop organically.
- I am a huge fan and supported of Edmonton, particularly downtown. I love to share hidden gems.
- I am a AFLCA certified group exercise trainer and love to teach Spin, HITT and boot camps.
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta
Having many years of event planning on a volunteer basis, I decided to take my passion & make it a career.
With a love for events, people & continuing professional development (PD), I noticed a void on campus & spearheaded the Campus Event and Meeting Planners (CEMP) Network. I recognized a need to network, share best practices, resources, PD learning’s & opportunities with fellow campus event & meeting planners. We now have over 130 titled & non-titled event & meeting planners as a part of the CEMP network. This was all inspired by my involvement with the MPI Edmonton Chapter.
The #YEG Chapter membership is an amazing group of event professionals.
The personal and professional relationships I have built have been invaluable!
I joined MPI to get involved within the amazing network of colleagues that the meeting industry in Edmonton has to offer. I’ve stayed and decided to become part of the board because of all the amazing support I’ve received from the people I’ve met and because of the wonderful resources and educational opportunities MPI has to offer. The Edmonton group of MPI members feels like a little community that you can rely on whenever you need help, or just someone to lend an ear.
- Love to Ski and Scuba Dive
- Outdoor Enthusiast
- True love for list making and organization
- Bilingual in French
- Can often be found exploring the mountains
Vice President Membership
Platinum Investments Ltd.
This is an industry I am very compassionate about and I couldn't find a better vehicle to drive my ambition than our local chapter of MPI. Our membership is incredible and the wealth of talent and experience there in, has taught me so much and has availed me the opportunities to excel in my career.
- Family is everything
- Sports Fanatic
- Love hospitality
I have been a member of MPI for 22 years. Throughout those years, I have volunteered for many times on the board both in Calgary and Edmonton. I believe to get the most out of your chapter, you need to get involved. I have made so many incredible connections and have built long lasting relationships through MPI.
- I am a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- I enjoy making cards
- I volunteer regularly at my church
- I love walking
- I enjoy quiet moments out on our acreage, especially early in the morning
Vice President Communications
I joined MPI to grow my network and learn more about the industry. As a first year board member, I look forward to working with fellow board members in growing and keeping MPI Edmonton the fabulous organization that it is! In addition to the work that I do, you can find me:
- Budding foodie
- Walking my dog
Being part of the event industry for many years I thought I would give back to my industry and join MPI’s board of directors. I am passionate about events and anything #yeg related. Being part of MPI has allowed me to network with my peers from around the world and develop lasting friendships. MPI has a wealth of resources with its membership but also with their professional development and networking events and I am honored to be a part of it.
- Motorcycle enthusiast
- Technology & gadget techie
- Sports fanatic
- Live entertainment geek
I am a passionate and driven individual that is OBSESSED with events and the event industry. Having joined MPI in the interests of building relationships with kindred souls, it was an easy jump to be part of the BOD.
- I am a fan of spending my time and hard-earned money on experiences, not things. You can often find me at concerts and events, playing sports, or off on some random travelling adventure.
- I come from a long line of entrepreneurs, so none of my friends or family were surprised when I started my own business a few years ago. I believe I was always destined to make my own way in the world.
- My favourite feeling is the one I get when I see all the pieces of an event coming together – which is exactly why this is my chosen career.
Director of Communications - Social Media
With over 10 years’ experience, Jessica is a veteran in the digital marketing industry. After graduating “Arts and Cultural Management” from Grant MacEwan University, and Marketing at the University of Okanagan, Jessica decided to pursue her passion of Social Media and Digital Marketing. Jessica has worked in Marketing at the Agency Group in Los Angeles, at the River Cree Casino, Gateway Casinos, and Hilton Hotels (and Mayfield Dinner Theatre.) She is an expert in content creation, social media advertising and analytics. Jessica’s goal is to help local business owners expand opportunities through various social and digital media platforms with her company, Brand Bloom, in which she is CEO & Co-Founder. Jessica is thrilled to sit on the board of directors of MPI Edmonton!
Director of Membership - Retention
Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
I have been a part of the events industry as both a planner and supplier for over 10 years, and the lasting connections are priceless. I value relationships, and through MPI I have met some world-class event professionals that I am proud to call friends as well as business partners. It’s great to regularly network with a group of individuals that share my passion for events, as well as meet new potential clients and peers within the hospitality industry.
- I love to cook and make new recipes my own
- My family is everything, including our 4 pets!
- Volunteering and giving back are important to me
- Camping and being outside are a must, especially in the mountains!
- I love to laugh and bring an aspect of fun to the table
I joined MPI for networking and exposure, but mainly to be part of the bigger picture in our industry. I find it exciting to be connected to our Industry Professionals worldwide, and feel the sense of MPI Community. I love the fact that anyone is welcomed with open arms at each and every MPI Event!
- Coach of my son’s baseball team
- Love to attend concerts and live events
- Love quality time with my girlfriends
Event Management is truly a passion of mine. The joy of interacting with guests and suppliers, the rush of adrenaline onsite, and the gratification of successfully completing an event. These are the things that have kept me in the meeting and events industry since 2001. I originally joined MPI in 2010 to access the education and career development offered, with the goal of earning my CMP designation (which I did in 2011). I soon discovered that the people I have met and built relationships with along the way is another amazing benefit of being a member of MPI. I stepped out of my comfort zone last year when I decided to join the Greater Edmonton Chapter Board of Directors and I'm definitely glad I that did. The experience I have gained is invaluable and the people I have connected with will be lifelong friends. I look forward to continuing to serve our members and contributing to MPI.
I was connected with MPI Edmonton while attending NAIT for their Event Management Program. I had so much support and guidance that I continued volunteering and chose to become a board member for the 2017-2018 term!
I believe that the more you are involved in your community, the more people around you will help lift you up and support you along the way. I wouldn’t be where I am today without the help of my MPI Greater Edmonton Chapter! I am now the youngest board member with MPI and I was honored with the MPI Rising Star award in 2016 and was nominated again for the 2017 awards.
- I enjoy modeling - I’ve even been on a few local billboards and magazines!
- I love going to the cinema, baking, and doing anything crafty (I’m a DIY-lover).
- My “second language” is American Sign Language!
I have been an MPI member since 2002, joining when I was working towards my CMP designation. MPI has become a valuable resource in my role as an independent meeting planner. I often use the online resources for everything from contract best practices to sponsorship ideas. Volunteering on the board has introduced me to new skills and amazing individuals and I value my role as a director.
- I have had my CMP designation since 2002
- I have operated my business, Integra Events, since 2009
- Quilting is a new passion for me
- I enjoy traveling and my job has taken me coast to coast across Canada, through the United States and into Europe.
- I have two granddaughters and love to spend time with them
Laura Schreiber, CMP
Timewise Event Management Inc.
Having moved to Edmonton from Europe, I did not know many people in the local industry. Joining MPI was a wonderful way to make new connections and to build a network and relationships in #yeg. But I also love the education and resources MPI offers – if you haven’t yet, check out some of the on-demand webinars! I soon realized that to get the most out of my membership I needed to be involved in our local chapter. During the first year of my membership, I took on various volunteer roles and sat on different planning committees – now I’m excited to join the BOD!
- I am an achiever and a learner (I just took my Certified Meeting Professional)
- I won the Rising Star award at the Event Management Awards in June
- I’m bilingual in German
- I love everything outdoors, especially hiking, mountain biking and skiing
- I’m passionate about a healthy non-toxic life style and love to cook (and eat!)
- I have a love for travelling