MPI Greater Edmonton Chapter’s strong and vibrant Board of Directors were elected to develop and execute plans to meet and exceed the needs of our members. These needs range from Ability to Network, Industry Education, Employment Opportunities, Resources, Volunteer Opportunities and so on. Please reach out to us directly at anytime to answer questions or help in any way, even about our interests, hobbies or skills. We are here to serve YOU.
Please see below for our 2018-2019 Board of Directors.
Arlene Schilke, CMP
Timewise Event Management Inc.
I have an unbridled passion for the events industry and my membership with MPI over the past 8 years has fueled this fire. Part of my commitment in joining the BOD for a second term is to help foster relationships amongst the members, both planners & supplier.
- I am a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- I am a mother of 4, ages 7, 9, 11, 13
- I am Award Nominee for Alberta Women Entrepreneurs & a big supporter of women in business
- I love technology & gadgets, currently obsessed with anything Apple – and my Fitbit!
- I am a foreign film critic
River Cree Resort
Phone: 587-983-8216 or 780-930-2606
As past MPI President and Office of the President, I deem my membership to be my professional accreditation, one that am very proud of. I enjoy being surrounded by like-minded event professionals who only seek to enhance and advocate for the meetings industry. My MPI Board work has also contributed to my professional development, and I’m grateful for all the opportunities that I have earned throughout my MPI tenure.
· I am a connector of people and take great pleasure in watching business relationships develop organically.
· I am a huge fan and supporter of all that is Edmonton. I love to share hidden gems.
- I am a AFLCA certified group exercise trainer and have taught Spin, HITT and boot camps. I train for marathons, triathlon and love the process but mostly enjoy being fit with friends.
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta
Having many years of event planning on a volunteer basis, I decided to take my passion & make it a career.
With a love for events, people & continuing professional development (PD), I noticed a void on campus & spearheaded the Campus Event and Meeting Planners (CEMP) Network. I recognized a need to network, share best practices, resources, PD learning’s & opportunities with fellow campus event & meeting planners. We now have over 130 titled & non-titled event & meeting planners as a part of the CEMP network. This was all inspired by my involvement with the MPI Edmonton Chapter.
The #YEG Chapter membership is an amazing group of event professionals.
The personal and professional relationships I have built have been invaluable!
Vice President Education
Royal Glenora Club
I joined MPI to get involved within the amazing network of colleagues that the meeting industry in Edmonton has to offer. I’ve stayed and decided to become part of the board because of all the amazing support I’ve received from the people I’ve met and because of the wonderful resources and educational opportunities MPI has to offer. The Edmonton group of MPI members feels like a little community that you can rely on whenever you need help, or just someone to lend an ear.
- Love to Ski and Scuba Dive
- Outdoor Enthusiast
- True love for list making and organization
- Bilingual in French
- Can often be found exploring the mountains
Vice President Communications
Kristin Glass Events
I am a passionate and driven individual that is OBSESSED with events and the event industry. Having joined MPI in the interests of building relationships with kindred souls, it was an easy jump to be part of the BOD.
- I am a fan of spending my time and hard-earned money on experiences, not things. You can often find me at concerts and events, playing sports, or off on some random travelling adventure.
- I come from a long line of entrepreneurs, so none of my friends or family were surprised when I started my own business a few years ago. I believe I was always destined to make my own way in the world.
- My favourite feeling is the one I get when I see all the pieces of an event coming together – which is exactly why this is my chosen career.
Vice President Finance
Tina Tillapaugh, CMP
Fort Edmonton Park
Event Management is truly a passion of mine. The joy of interacting with guests and suppliers, the rush of adrenaline onsite, and the gratification of successfully completing an event. These are the things that have kept me in the meeting and events industry since 2001. I originally joined MPI in 2010 to access the education and career development offered, with the goal of earning my CMP designation (which I did in 2011). I soon discovered that the people I have met and built relationships with along the way is another amazing benefit of being a member of MPI. I stepped out of my comfort zone last year when I decided to join the Greater Edmonton Chapter Board of Directors and I'm definitely glad I that did. The experience I have gained is invaluable and the people I have connected with will be lifelong friends. I look forward to continuing to serve our members and contributing to MPI.
Vice President Membership
Sutton Place Hotel
I joined MPI for networking and exposure, but mainly to be part of the bigger picture in our industry. I find it exciting to be connected to our Industry Professionals worldwide, and feel the sense of MPI Community. I love the fact that anyone is welcomed with open arms at each and every MPI Event!
- Coach of my son’s baseball team
- Love to attend concerts and live events
- Love quality time with my girlfriends
Director - Membership, Recruitment
Courtyard Edmonton West and Hampton Inn & Suits
This is an industry I am very compassionate about and I couldn't find a better vehicle to drive my ambition than our local chapter of MPI. Our membership is incredible and the wealth of talent and experience there in, has taught me so much and has availed me the opportunities to excel in my career.
- Family is everything
- Sports Fanatic
- Love hospitality
Director of Membership – Retention
Pat Rodenburg, CMP
I have been an MPI member since 2002, joining when I was working towards my CMP designation. MPI has become a valuable resource in my role as an independent meeting planner. I often use the online resources for everything from contract best practices to sponsorship ideas. Volunteering on the board has introduced me to new skills and amazing individuals and I value my role as a director.
- I have had my CMP designation since 2002
- I have operated my business, Integra Events, since 2009
- Quilting is a new passion for me
- I enjoy traveling and my job has taken me coast to coast across Canada, through the United States and into Europe.
- I have two granddaughters and love to spend time with them
Director of Marketing & Communications
J. Gartner Studio
As a community builder and an award winning creative in the events industry, joining MPI has helped me connect with other industry professionals, expand my knowledge base, and contribute to growing and strengthening Edmonton’s events community. Design, in all its forms, is a powerful visual communicator: I enjoy blending strategic thinking with effective planning, and, of course, creativity, to create dynamic projects for my clients. For nearly a decade, I’ve been a creative entrepreneur designing event collateral for projects ranging from weddings to corporate galas.
- I’m a graphic designer by trade, but an artist first. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been drawing or piecing together found objects into works of art.
- My passion for design extends to interiors, I designed and renovated my 1960’s house and it was even featured in Avenue magazine.
- I’m incredibly honest and terrible at keeping secrets because being truthful is my default setting. But it serves me well in building relationships both personally and professionally.
Director of Chapter Communications
Mary Jane Nelson
I am passionate about bringing people together to enjoy a shared experience. I have been planning events for many years when I decided to pursue a career in event management. The more I learned about the events industry, the more I knew I wanted to be a part of it! My role as an event planner allows me to demonstrate my passion for organizing events and communicating with people. Being an MPI member gives me the opportunity to connect with event planners in the community to discuss ideas and design experiences. My journey with the MPI Edmonton Chapter started this year, and I am excited and honoured to be on the Board of Directors for the 2018-2019 session.
- Camping trips
- Playing guitar
- Attending music festivals and outdoor event
- Road trips
Director of Education
VIP Event Consultants
I was connected with MPI Edmonton while attending NAIT for their Event Management Program. I had so much support and guidance that I continued volunteering and chose to become a board member for the 2017-2018 term!
I believe that the more you are involved in your community, the more people around you will help lift you up and support you along the way. I wouldn’t be where I am today without the help of my MPI Greater Edmonton Chapter! I am now the youngest board member with MPI and I was honored with the MPI Rising Star award in 2016 and was nominated again for the 2017 awards.
- I enjoy modeling - I’ve even been on a few local billboards and magazines!
- I love going to the cinema, baking, and doing anything crafty (I’m a DIY-lover).
- My “second language” is American Sign Language!