MPI Greater Edmonton Chapter’s strong and vibrant Board of Directors were elected to develop and execute plans to meet and exceed the needs of our members. These needs range from Ability to Network, Industry Education, Employment Opportunities, Resources, Volunteer Opportunities and so on. Please reach out to us directly at anytime to answer questions or help in any way, even about our interests, hobbies or skills. We are here to serve YOU.
Please see below for our 2017-2018 Board of Directors.
I have an unbridled passion for the events industry and my membership with MPI over the past 8 years has fueled this fire. Part of my commitment in joining the BOD for a second term is to help foster relationships amongst the members, both planners & supplier.
- I am a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- I am a mother of 4, ages 7, 9, 11, 13
- I am Award Nominee for Alberta Women Entrepreneurs & a big supporter of women in business
- I love technology & gadgets, currently obsessed with anything Apple – and my Fitbit!
- I am a foreign film critic
I rejoined the MPI Edmonton BOD as an opportunity to be involved in the professional organization for my career of hospitality, events and sales. I’m delighted to serve as President and serve alongside my very talented and engaged board members, whose only wish is to meet the needs of our membership. We are in a transition and development phase of our Board. We are staying true to serving the members and 2016-2017 will be a fantastic year for the Greater Edmonton Chapter.
- I am a connector of people and take great pleasure in watching business relationships develop organically.
- I am a huge fan and supported of Edmonton, particularly downtown. I love to share hidden gems.
- I am a AFLCA certified group exercise trainer and love to teach Spin, HITT and boot camps.
I joined MPI to get involved within the amazing network of colleagues that the meeting industry in Edmonton has to offer. I’ve stayed and decided to become part of the board because of all the amazing support I’ve received from the people I’ve met and because of the wonderful resources and educational opportunities MPI has to offer. The Edmonton group of MPI members feels like a little community that you can rely on whenever you need help, or just someone to lend an ear.
- Love to Ski and Scuba Dive
- Outdoor Enthusiast
- True love for list making and organization
- Bilingual in French
- Can often be found exploring the mountains
Vice President Communications
I joined MPI to grow my network and learn more about the industry. As a first year board member, I look forward to working with fellow board members in growing and keeping MPI Edmonton the fabulous organization that it is! In addition to the work that I do, you can find me:
- Budding foodie
- Walking my dog
I have been a member of MPI for 22 years. Throughout those years, I have volunteered for many times on the board both in Calgary and Edmonton. I believe to get the most out of your chapter, you need to get involved. I have made so many incredible connections and have built long lasting relationships through MPI.
- I am a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- I enjoy making cards
- I volunteer regularly at my church
- I love walking
- I enjoy quiet moments out on our acreage, especially early in the morning
Director of Communications - Social Media
Director of Membership - Retention
Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
I joined MPI for networking and exposure, but mainly to be part of the bigger picture in our industry. I find it exciting to be connected to our Industry Professionals worldwide, and feel the sense of MPI Community. I love the fact that anyone is welcomed with open arms at each and every MPI Event!
- Coach of my son’s baseball team
- Love to attend concerts and live events
- Love quality time with my girlfriends
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta
Having many years of event planning on a volunteer basis, I decided to take my passion & make it a career.
With a love for events, people & continuing professional development (PD), I noticed a void on campus & spearheaded the Campus Event and Meeting Planners (CEMP) Network. I recognized a need to network, share best practices, resources, PD learning’s & opportunities with fellow campus event & meeting planners. We now have over 130 titled & non-titled event & meeting planners as a part of the CEMP network. This was all inspired by my involvement with the MPI Edmonton Chapter.
The #YEG Chapter membership is an amazing group of event professionals.
The personal and professional relationships I have built have been invaluable!